Wednesday, January 3, 2007

All About Me

I am doing this post as an introduction of myself to either my school or just my class. So here it goes...


I am Canadian and proud of it! I was born in Fort McMurray, AB, home of the largest oil sands producer in the world. My step-mom drives a 400 ton truck out in the mine. I actually got to drive one of these trucks for about six hours before I decided it was just too big for me.
When I was fourteen, I moved to Drumheller, which is home of one of the world's largest dinosaur museums.
I have two younger brothers, 21 and 12 and they as well as the rest of my family, mean the absolute world to me. Interesting fact: I have never had a pet in my entire life, not even a fish. I love golfing, baseball, and waterslides as well.
Once I was done high school, I moved to Lethbridge and began my studies as a teacher at the University of Lethbridge. Since then, I have taught in a 1,2,3 split class and in a grade 5 class all of which I have loved.
More stuff about me: I love snowmobling, quading, and walking in the summer. My Dad is a firefighter and was raised to be a hunter and a fisher and therefore, as a family it is a delicasy to eat raw moose hamburger. My mom and step-dad own a bed and breakfast in Drumheller.
Well, that is about all I can think of for now. I will add more when I think of it.

1 comment:

Brad said...

Hi Shannon,

Your blog is nice and friendly. You introduce yourself well. Look forward to hearing how your teaching and living experience in NZ is going. Keep updating.

Brad