Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Conduct-NG


My goodness, I have been meaning to write about this for ages and I have been having such problems with my computer and getting pictures from it, that I have neglected to write this post for a very important reason: it would simply not be doing it justice without the pictures.

So, about a week before term break, the three lovely Canadians were invited by, Chris, the only male Canadian, to attend Christchurch Girls' band concert. It did not take long for us ladies to decide that we were all in for seeing Chris Ng in action!

It wasn't long before we met up with Chris and saw just what kind of impact he was having on the school.... The students loved him! We quickly saw that he had an excellent relationship with them and that they all responded very well to him. In no time at all, he had over 100 female students' attention and they were ready to begin....

We were lucky enough to see Chris at his finest.... conduct-NG, of course (many jokes of the like were made by the students and liked by the audience!) He was a fantastic conductor with much enthusiasm and mre rapid hand movements then I could muster in any given day, let alone few minutes. Needless to say, I was very impressed and reakkt very proud of his performance.


Once the band was done, Chris was up next in the saxophone quartet. And what another great performance! He blew us all away with his many musical talents.

But it was in the end (or was it the middle?) that Chris really made us feel all quite special. He had all three of us stand up and introduced us to the audience as his fellow Canadian friends and told where each of us were teaching. He spoke of our experience in getting to Christchurch and how we happened to stumble upon New Zealand but how thankful we all were that we had.

It was truly an entertaining night and I felt so lucky to have seen Chris "in action," how he teaches, and the many talents that he has to offer!

Also, we even got to see a barbershop song (acapella) as well as the most wonderful violinists. Truly a memorable night. Thanks Chris!

No comments: