When I logged on to blogger just now, I was planning on writing about the differences in teaching cursive handwriting in New Zealand vs. Alberta. However, I though that might be a bit boring for my family and friends who read this :) and honestly, I just feel like writing what I am thinking right now.
One week ago, upon my return to school from term break and a wonderful trip up North, I was feeling rather dull about having to get back into the real world. The first few days back at school were quite difficult and I was feeling, not that I didn't want to be there, but more simply that I just wanted to be home. As you can tell from the blog I posted last week, that is what was on my mind. My mom was going in for day surgery, not a big deal but something I would have liked to be there for, I had not talked to my Dad in over a month as we had been playing phone tag and the time difference was working against us, and I had not spoken to any of my friends back home in far too long. Every time I get a phone card, it seems to run out in just a matter of days. (Although I suppose that is not a bad thing :)
Anyways, after a few days of only wanting to sleep and feeling quite sad about home, more than ever before (first time since I left though is not so bad!) and a much needed attitude adjustment, I was feeling back at home and back in the groove. Now that I feel back to my normal self again, I cannot seem to wrap my head around the fact that I will be gone, from New Zealand, in just four weeks.
When I think about my time here, there are simply not words to describe how completelty amazing it has been and everyhting that I will miss when I am gone. Teaching here has been an experience like no other and I could not have anticipated that I would learn so much. And there is so mcuh that I will miss. I will miss my home here, a space that I have made my own over the last 4 months and one that I will be sad to leave. I will miss all of the people I have and have come to love so much, I will miss those 28 beautiful children in my class. I will miss wheels of cheese at every staff event, secretly laughing at people who do not take their shoes off in other peoples' houses, hanging my clothes out to dry outside on a windy day, foreign roomates and never knowing from what country they will be from, road trips with the girls, the scenery, my daily walk to school, and a thousand other things that I wouldn't even have time to name. I will miss it all.
I am no longer in a rush to go home because I want to cherish every moment that I have left here. I know that when the time comes for home, I will be ready then. But not now. I am not yet ready to leave the friendly and hospitable stangers who help me with directions on the street, nor the selfless and incredible people from my school.

Well, that is about all that was on my mind, but just for good measure, here is a chart of some cursive handwriting differences. Notice how the 'r' is different, a lot capital letetr are different, and as well as certain letters that link. Here, if the letter is written by starting with your pencil from the top then you must lift your pencil and start from the top.

VS.

(Sorry, not the best example ever but the best one I could find.)

No comments:
Post a Comment